Privacy and security
In this Privacy Statement, which complies with the new Act on General Provision of Data Protection (AVG), you read everything about the way in which your personal data are collected, with what reasons and how it is dealt with. You also read what rights you have regarding your data and how you can make use of these rights.
This Privacy Statement may be changed where necessary, therefore we recommend that you review the statement from time to time.
Glow Specialist VOF, located at Platinaweg 2 - 2544 EZ - The Hague, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement. Hereafter named Glow Specialist.
2544 EZ The Hague
Chamber of Commerce number: 55026834
Personal data that we process
Glow Specialist processes your personal data because you use our services and / or because you provide them yourself. Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Company Name
- Bank account number (if payment is done by bank transfer)
- Order history
- Internet browser and device type
- Other personal data that you provide yourself, for example by creating a profile on this website,
in correspondence by mail or e-mail and by telephone, or when signing up for our newsletter
- Cameras are placed in our showroom for everyone's safety and against theft
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we can not check if a visitor is older than 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us via [email protected], then we will delete this information.
For what purpose and on what basis we process personal data
Glow Specialist processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To place your details on the quotation or invoice;
- Allow you to create an account;
- Handling your payment. > We use a secure payment environment. When you pay your payment by bank transfer we link your bank account number to your details. We only use this account number to return money after cancellation / crediting. If you pay via Multisafepay or Paypal, these external parties will arange the payments and we will receive a notification if the payment is successful;
- To be able to call or e-mail if necessary to be able to perform our services;
- To deliver goods and services to you;
- Inform you about changes of our services, products, delivery;
- Return & Repair;
- Sending our newsletter (only after permission);
- You can leave a review with a product in our shop, anonymously or with name. The e-mail address is only visible to Glow Specialist. The review is visible for others;
- Glow Specialist collects your behavior on the website (such as the duration of your website visit) to improve the site and to tailor the range of products and services to your preferences. This is done with Google Analytics. The data is anonymous and not bound to your personal data;
- Glow Specialist also processes personal data when legally obliged to do so, such as information that we need for our tax return.
If you communicate with us by Social Media, like, share or post a comment, photo or file, we may receive personal data from you.
For advertising on Facebook and Instagram we use data (gender, age, place of residence, interests) that are known to you on Facebook and Instagram. These data are of a general nature and can not be traced back to a person. They help us to show the advertisement to those people for whom our products are (or may be) interesting. We also use a Facebook Pixel, this pixel keeps track of who visited our site. For tracking by the Pixel you have to agree and accept the cookie statement. For more information on this I refer to our cookie statement. The data is known and stored at Facebook, the privacy statement and the data policy of Facebook apply. https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update?ref=old_policy .
Sharing personal data with third parties
Glow Specialist will not sell your information to third parties and will only provide this information when necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. With companies that process your data in our assignment, we conclude a data processor agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Think of delivery services, suppliers or repatriators, IT service providers, payment partners, accountants, printers and Feedback Company for processing reviews. Glow Specialist remains responsible for these data processing operations. Unless third parties are responsible for obtaining and protecting your data.
Your data is stored in a database that is highly secure.
Only Glow Specialist and some employees have access to this database.
How long we store personal data
Glow Specialist does not store your personal data longer than strictly necessary to realize the goals for which your data is collected.
We use the following retention periods for the following personal data:
- Personal data> Retention period 7 years after last contact
- Address details> Retention period 7 years
- Payment data / invoices /> Retention period 7 years
- Camera images in our showroom> these are automatically removed after 14 days. Unless they are necessary for further investigation after suspicious cases.
- Our telephone calls are not recorded.
- Data for applicants and (old) students is kept for 5 years, unless we have permission to keep them for longer.
- E-mails are stored indefinitely so that we can always find out which appointments have been made.
- The data that Google Analytics collects on the website is anonymous, so it is not linked to your name, company or e-mail address. This data is stored indefinitely within Google Analytics.
Reviews by Feedback Company
Within 1 to 4 weeks after ordering, you can receive an e-mail from us with the request to participate in a review of our company. We use the ratings to improve our company. We appreciate your opinion and hope that you want to participate.
The Feedback Company is an independent and unaffectable company that places the assessment on our website and a comparison site. We can respond to an assessment but we can not delete it. Your e-mail address and data will not be resold or used by third parties.
If you have given permission for this, you will receive a newsletter from us every now and then with news and special offers. You can easily unsubscribe from our newsletter via the link at the bottom of the newsletter itself. Or by sending an email to [email protected] .
Cookies that we use
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. If you have created an account with us you can do this yourself and otherwise you send this request to [email protected]
You also have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Glow Specialist and you are entitled to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have available to you or another organization mentioned by you in a computer file. You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to [email protected] .
To ensure that the request has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, but within three weeks of your request. Glow Specialist would also like to point out that you have the opportunity to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
How we protect your personal data
Glow Specialist takes the security of your data very seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. In the security of your data, we take into account the possible processing risks of your data: for example when they are lost or used unlawfully. We have taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Your account is secured so that no one can log in from outside or inside and can access your data. Your password is stored encrypted with us.
- We use the latest security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- We regularly provide our website with automatic security scans.
- The personal data managed by Glow Specialist or by the aforementioned third parties are only accessible through our software and are protected by a password
- The devices that open your data are also locked with a password and / or fingerprint. The number of devices that have access to your data is limited to only the necessary devices.
- TLS (formerly SSL). We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can see this at the address bar 'https' and the padlock in the address bar.
- DKIM, SPF and DMARC are three internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving e-mails on our behalf that contain viruses, are spam or are intended to obtain personal (login) data.
- DNSSEC is an additional security (addition to DNS) for converting a domain name to the associated IP address (server name); it is provided with a digital signature. You can have this signature checked automatically. In this way we prevent you from being redirected to a false IP address.
When there is a suspicion of a security incident, think of theft of a laptop or a hack in our systems, we respond directly to this. We investigate whether it is a security leak or a data breach. We will close security and data leaks as quickly as possible. In the case of a data breach, we will enter the Dutch Data Protection Authority within 72 hours, unless it is unlikely that the data breach will pose a risk to your privacy. Is it a data breach with a high risk for your privacy (for example if a lot of sensitive data has leaked)? Then we are obliged to report the leak to you.
We as Glow Specialist are responsible for your data.
If you have any questions about it, please contact us.
Glow Specialist VOF
2544 EZ The Hague